If you watched my "DIY | How to Make Rustic Blue Bottles", I used dark wax to seal in the paint and add a more rustic look to the bottles. Here is how I made the dark wax I used in that video!
Get creative and use this wax on many other "rustic" projects!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Finishing Wax
- Dark/black wood stain
- Heat safe Cup or Jar (I recommend a cup for easy access to the wax)
- In a cup, spoon in some finishing wax (however much you intend to use)
- Place the cup in a pot of water so the water comes about halfway up the glass
- Bring the pot to a boil and stir the wax until it is completely melted
- With oven mittens, safely remove the cup from the pot
- Add a few spoons of dark wood stain until you have achieved the colour desired!
Watch my video above to see an in-depth tutorial!